A very moist snack cake
2 cups sifted flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup butter or margarine
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 unbeaten egg yolks
½ cup milk
2 stiffly beaten egg whites
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Sift together flour and sugar in large bowl; cut in butter. Reserve ¾ cup of this mixture.
2. Add baking powder, salt, egg yolks, and milk to remaining crumb mixture.
3. Beat for 3 minutes at low speed. Fold in beaten egg whites gently but thoroughly.
4. Spread in well-greased and floured 9 X 13 inch pan.
5. Arrange blueberries over batter and sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over them.
6. Bake at 350 deg. F for 40 to 50 minutes. Serve warm or cold, plain or with whipped cream . Note: (One can add 1-1/2
teaspoons cinnamon to the crumb mixture before spreading on the batter and it makes a delicious coffeecake.)