This is a good biscuit type cobbler. The biscuits are light and flavorful yet low in fat. The Biscuit topping
recipe is from Cooking Light magazine
• 6 cups blueberries (if using frozen thaw and warm slightly in the microwave before proceeding)
• 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice or MinuteMaid pure lemon juice (in the freezer dept of the grocery
• 1 ½ cups sugar
• 1/3 cup (rounded) minute tapioca (in the red box)
• 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 pinch ground cloves
Preheat the oven to 350 deg. F.
1. In large bowl, combine the Filling ingredients and let stand for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Turn into 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
• 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• ¾ teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 5 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
• 1 cup fat-free or reduce fat sour cram
• 3 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
• 1 teaspoon sugar
To prepare topping, lightly spoon four into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4
ingredients (four through baking soda) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry
blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles course meal. Stir in sour cream to form a soft dough.
Drop dough by spoonfuls onto blueberry filling to form 8 dumplings. Brush dimpling with milk; sprinkle with 1
teaspoon sugar. Place baking dish on a jelly roll pan.
Bake at 350 deg. F for 50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and dumplings are lightly browned